CELEBRATE DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY

The Second Sunday of Easter, April 11, 2010, is the day we celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday. On this special day, there will be an overflowing of Jesus' mercy, trust and forgiveness of sins. Our Lord Jesus declared:


"The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on this day shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet.... Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy." (699)



"I desire that priests proclaim this great mercy of Mine towards the souls of sinners. Tell My priests that hardened sinners will repent on hearing their words when they speak about My unfathomable mercy, about the compassion I have for them in My Heart. To priests who proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power; I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they will speak." (Diary 50, 1521)


"The first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be acts of mercy....I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me." (Diary, 742)


The Lord calls on us to spread his devotion on this special day to encourage fallen away Catholics to return to the practice of their faith and seek repentance. The feast is to be a "refuge for sinners". The promise of the total forgiveness of sins and punishment is the best motivational tool that we could ever find to get souls to come back to the practice of their faith. On this day, the image of the Divine Mercy should be displayed and venerated to serve as a reminder or symbol of God's gift of graces. It is a great idea to invite our friends and neighbors to go to Confession and Communion and take advantage of the plenary indulgence.

0 comments: