ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS Patron of France, Russia and Missionaries

Father Putigan, a Jesuit, began the Novena to Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus on December 3, 1925, asking the glorious Saint for one great favor. For nine days he recited the "Glory be to the Father" twenty-four times thanking the Holy Trinity for the favors and Graces showered on Saint Theresa during the twenty-four years of her life on earth.


The priest asked Saint Theresa, that as a sign that his novena was heard he would receive from someone a freshly plucked rose. On the third day of the novena, an unknown person sought out Father Putigan and presented him with a beautiful rose.Father Putigan began the second novena on December 24 of the same year, and as a sign, asked for a white rose. On the fourth day of this novena one of the Sister-nurses brought him a white rose saying: "Saint Theresa sent you this." 

Amazed, the priest asked: "Where did you get this?" "I was in the chapel," said the Sister, "and as I was leaving I passed the altar above which hangs the beautiful picture of Saint Theresa. This rose fell at my feet. I wanted to put it back into the bouquet, but a thought came to me that I should bring it to you." Father Putigan received the favors he had petitioned of the Little Flower of Jesus, and promised to spread the novena to increase devotion to, and bring her more honor. In this fashion, from the ninth to the seventeenth of each month, those who want to participate in the Twenty-four "Glory be to the Father's" novena, should add to those of their own, the intentions of all who are at that time making the novena, thus forming one great prayer in common.


THE NOVENA


The Twenty-four "Glory be to the Father's" novena can be said at any time. However, the ninth to the seventeenth of the month is particularly recommended, for on those days the petitioner joins in prayer with all those making the novena.


The "Glory be to the Father" praising the Holy Trinity is said twenty-four times each of the nine days, in thanksgiving for all the blessings and favors given to Saint Therese of the Child Jesus during the twenty-four years of her life. In addition, this, or a similar prayer may be used:


St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. As God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more.


After this Prayer, follow the twenty-four "Glory be to the Father's," between each of which may be included this short prayer:"Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us."


"Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, I thank Thee for all the blessings and favors Thou hast showered upon the soul of Thy servant Therese of the Child Jesus, during the twenty-four years she spent here on earth, and in consideration of the merits of this Thy most beloved Saint, I beseech Thee to grant me this favor, if it is in accordance with Thy most Holy Will and is not an obstacle to my salvation." (mention your intercession)
Then conclude with 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's and 5 Glory Be's must be said on 5 successive days, before 11 a.m. On the 5th day, the 5th set of prayers having been completed, offer one more set - 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's and 5 Glory Be's.)


TRY IT - IT WORKS!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

St. Therese the little Flower;
I thank you for your intercession in my life!
You never fail me! The roses you send always assure me my prayer will always be answered ! Thank you my friend !
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

Dearest St Therese the little flower ;
I start my novena with you today November 9,2010
I ask for raise and promotion in my career at NSLIJ
As a supervisor or manager of the patient access department within the health system. Thank you for your intercession and wisdom, friendship.
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

Dear St Therese;
I started this novena on December 3,2010.
Just like Father Putigan, I ask for a freshly plucked rose so that I know my novena is being heard.
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

January 3 2011
Dear St Therese;
Please bring my intention befor the lord our god and ask him to answer my prayer! Please let me win the court case against Nick Farrelly. Please let me not go through any expense that it is he who must pay all lawyer fees and expenses for the damages he caused me on my property.
Please ask the lord to bring me justice!
Amen +
Love
JF

Anonymous said...

My Dearest St.Therese;
You are my sister my friend my confidant
Please pray that I win the case against Nick Farrelly
In Ireland. That he closes up the gate he illegally
Erected and must be fully financially responsible for the
Damages he caused on my property, that I am fully restored back to it's original condition and have peace
Joy and comfort from this day forward!
Amen. Love and trust in Jesus
Joann

Anonymous said...

Dear St Therese ;
Please help me to pay all my debts so I may live in peace without that strain and live a life of financial freedom!
Amen
Love
Joann Frank

Anonymous said...

Dear St Therese ;
Please let me win the case against Nick Farrelly
And let him be financially responsible for the damages
Caused by his bold act. On April 11 is the date the Cavan circut judge will decide on his judgement . Please pray for me that my intention be heard amd andwered in a positive outcome for me . Free me from this burden
And distress. Allow me to go on and get peace of mind and continue to have privacy and work on my home in
Dignity and peace.
Amen
Love
Joann
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

Thank You! I got 2,promotions at Work!
Praise God! Praise you St Therese the Little
Flower you are great! You are a miracle worker!!!
One year later we won another battle!
Thank You so much! I love you and my lord and all
The angels and saints my blessed mother is a miracle
Worker too... Good St Anne and good St Joseph the Worker! amen Amen I Say to all!
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Friend and Sister St.Therese ;
Please ask the lord to help me find a wonderful
Spouse. A man of great integrity kind compassionate loving
Romantic good catholic and that will be my best friend.
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

Dear St Therese;
I need financial assistance at this time. Ask
The Lord my God for an influx of cash abundance
And prosperity ! I also pray for my friend Mary
At this time may she be comforted by our lord and all the angels, during this time of need after the loss of her only
Son michael. I love you St Therese ! Be with me always!
Love
Joann

Anonymous said...

Thank you Saint Theresa the Little Flower for your divine intercession on my behalf and for the answered prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear St, Therese

Thankyou for your intercession and Praise and Glory to God for the gifts that have poured forth. I am eternally grateful for your prayers and presence and I am sorry if like the sisters in the Convent with you I splashed water on you thoughtlessly when doing the Laundry. I know you have shown me this for a reason. As you have said 'When one Loves one does not calculate'. Thank you for your intercession and for uniting my prayers to yours in Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus. AMEN

Your Sister in Hope