THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS


Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be forgotten...


First Day Come to me


Scripture Reading [Mt. 11:20-30] Come to Me, all who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you. Take My yoke upon your shoulders and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble of Heart. Your souls will find rest, for My yoke is easy and My burden light


Prayer With open arms, O Lord, You continue to embrace the universe. I know I am a small part of that universe. Yet in Your eyes I am also a very important part. Lord, it is by my surrendering to You and You are able to bring me closer to Your Heart - the source of all love, compassion and kindness.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Second Day Let the Children Come


Scripture Reading [Lk. 18:15-17] "They brought children to be touched by Him. When the disciples saw this, they scolded them. But Jesus said: 'Let the children com to Me. Do not discourage them. The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Trust Me when I tell you that whoever does not accept the Kingdom of God as a child will not enter it'."


Prayer O Lord, we are orphans-lost and alone. But with you we are saved. As I come to you today, Lord, let me approach You as a child - enthused by Your love of life, in need of guidance and support. Jesus protect the children of the world, Give me the grace to be an example of Your love to them.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Third Day Do not be afraid


Scripture Reading [Mk. 5:36-47] "Jesus said to the synagogue officials: 'Do not be afraid, just have faith' ...then he entered the room where the dead child was. He took the child by the hand and said: 'Little girl, I say to you, arise!' The girl arose immediately and they all were utterly astounded."


Prayer Lord, allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Fourth Day I Know My Sheep


Scripture Reading [Jn. 10:10-14] "I came that they may have life and have it to the full. I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd lays down His life for His sheep... I know My sheep and My sheep know Me."


Prayer Lord, it is written that You care especially for the lost sheep in this world. Today I place into Your hands someone I care about deeply (mention a particular person...). To be lost is terrible feeling, to be unknown and unsure is to live in fear. With you we have nothing to fear. Let this day, Lord, be another step closer to Your heart for all of us.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Fifth Day I Am the Bread of Life


Scripture Reading [Jn. 6:51] "I Myself am the living bread come down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread he shall live forever: the bread I will give is My flesh, for the life of the world."


Prayer O Lord, Your generosity knows no limits! Your burning desire to be one with us knows no bounds! You gave of Yourself in Bethlehem, in Galilee, at Calvary. In the gift of our Eucharist You continue to give of Yourself day in and day out. Today I ask You, Lord, to forgive my selfishness, my pettiness, my sins. Help me live like You lived - a life lived for others, filled with the fullness of grace.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Sixth Day Your Will be done


Scripture Reading [Mt. 26:37-39] "Jesus said to His disciples: 'My heart is nearly broken with sorrow. Remain here and stay awake with Me.' He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer. 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass Me by. Still, Your will be done, not mine."


Prayer O Lord, You were no stranger to sorrow, to the loss of family and dear friends. You even knew the fear of death. Why, Lord, did you face such trials? Was it so You could understand me in my times of trial? Lord, I offer You my suffering today; do with it as You will, for it is a powerful gift. It is Yours, Lord; let it be my way of saying "I love You."


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Seventh Day They Came to Jesus


Scripture Reading [Jn. 19:33-34] "When they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. One of the soldiers pierced His side with a lance, and immediately blood and water flowed out."


Prayer Lord, it is only because of the foolishness of Your cross that life makes sense. You abandoned Your own life to teach me what really matters. How I strive after foolish things and use people rather than love people. You died the shameful death on the cross to teach us the joyful lesson in life. Today, Lord, give me the courage to love what is important and to forsake all that is self-serving and deceitful.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Eight Day My Lord and My God


Scripture Reading [Jn. 20:26-28] "Jesus came and stood before the disciples. 'Peace be with you,' He said; then to Thomas: 'Take your finger and examine My hands. Put your hand into My side. Do not persist in your unbelief, but believe!' Thomas responded: 'My Lord and My God'."


Prayer Lord, if only we believed fully in You. Our Holy Father's motto is 'I am all Yours.' Help me believe that You are every answer to every problem, that You are everywhere to guide, strengthen, encourage and lead. Yes, I believe in You, but my faith is often weak. In times of trial I doubt You and in times of joy I forget You. In the patience of Your Heart, Lord, continue to reveal Yourself to me everywhere.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Ninth Day He Shall Dwell with Them


Scripture Reading [Rev. 21:1-4] "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth... This is God's dwelling among people. He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people and he shall be their God who is always with them. He shall wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying or pain, for the former world has passed away."


Prayer O Lord, how often I wonder where life will lead. Where am I going - how will it end? Life ends where life began - with You, Lord. You said of Yourself: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end;." I am Yours, Lord - yesterday, today and forever. I am Yours. Lord forgive my past, bring light and peace to my present, and prepare me with a generous heart for the future. I know you will be there for me, My Lord and My God.


Personal Meditation Pause for Personal Meditation... Our Father... Hail Mary.. Glory Be...
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!


Merciful Jesus, I consecrate myself today and always to Your Most Sacred Heart - make my heart like Your heart.

0 comments: